Wednesday 29 August 2007

Declaration of telling the story...holding the memento,in the rains !

I am now in Kerala...in Dharmadam.

Last evening saw a lot of relatives coming from different parts of India,collecting at Chaillayil house for the VIDYARTHI SAMMAN event on 1st Sep.

I showed them the memento,designed by my friend Jayant Deshmukh in Mumbai,which will be given to each awardee...They were moved.

Jayant,Ajay and the rest of the team worked night and day in Mumbai, amidst all their film and TV assignments while Balan Master and Abhlash lovingly translated and teleconed and mailed back and forth with me to give shape and LANGUAGE to this memento !

Its unique indeed,shall share its image,in a later posting.

Its 5.20am as I begin writing this post


The monsoon they say is in its last leg...but what a leg it is !

Its been pouring Ducks and Drakes since late last night..

The crackling of the drops on the coconut leaves and thick foliage is much different from the sound of drops hitting concrete in Mumbai...

I woke up at 5am today to call Kolkaata...I await the arrival of my friends Ringo and Rajiv from there. Wanted to make sure they catch the flight...They were already at the airport !

I am excited.

They are coming here,to my village Dharmadam...to help me tell a story.

A story,I have wanted to tell for a while...but have always wavered in committing to.

Its the story of the unknown Indian.

The story of the anonymous many,who live and celebrate life without the lure of "mention" and fame.

I begin shooting my first film, a documentary,today,here in Kerala.


How I will do it,what shape it will take,I dont know...

One thing I am clear,If it is to be, it is upto me....

The rain has reduced in its intensity,

The dark of the night has given way to the....DARK GREY of a cloudy rainy morning.

Looking forward to my 'Puttu" with banana B'fast.


Have a phenomenal day !

1 comment:

ധ്വനി | Dhwani said...

Good wishes and congrats on starting your first documentary!

I adore your unique essence! still miles to go, keep it up!